Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce. Once the water returns to a boil add the pasta to the pot. Leave uncovered, let cook on high heat with a vigorous boil. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too acidic.
Add more tomato sauce if the sauce is a little dry.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just gone the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delectable Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
- You need 1/2 lb of pasta.
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin oil.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It's Dash of red pepper flakes.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of canned chunky tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Stir in the cooked penne pasta. If you do the same, just soak them according to the directions on the container. Be sure to reserve the liquid, you'll need it later in the recipe! Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce step by step
- Cook the penne pasta: Heat to boiling a large pot with 4 quarts of water in it. Once the water is boiling, salt it with 2 Tbsp of salt. Once the water returns to a boil add the pasta to the pot. Leave uncovered, let cook on high heat with a vigorous boil. Put the timer on for 8-10 minutes, or whatever your pasta package says is appropriate for al dente (cooked but still a little firm). Drain..
- Sauté onions, garlic, with seasonings: Once you've started to heat the water, start working on the sauce. Heat olive oil in a very large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened. Add the garlic, thyme, season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional minute, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Brown the ground beef: Heat a large cast iron pan on high heat. Salt the bottom of the pan generously. Once the pan is hot, break up small chunks of ground beef and add them to the pan, without stirring. (You may need to work in batches; do not crowd the pan.) You want the meat to get well browned..
- Add beef and tomato sauce to onions: Use a slotted spoon to lift the meat from the cast iron pan and add it to the pan with the seasoned onions. Add tomato sauce. Use the edge of your metal spatula to break up the bigger chunks of meat into smaller pieces. Add basil. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Bring to a simmer on low heat, let cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes..
- Adjust seasonings and add the pasta: Once the sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, adjust seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too acidic. Add more tomato sauce if the sauce is a little dry. Stir in the cooked penne pasta. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately..
Penne Pasta With Meat Sauce: Pasta with meat sauce or red meat sauce has my name written all over it. There is something so comforting about have a big bowl of warm pasta topped with some fresh parmesan cheese. I've made this for years now and I've always used what ever kind. Quick-to-grab ingredients make this hearty ground beef and pasta dish super easy. Penne with Meat Sauce Penne with Meat Sauce.
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce. If you have questions or requests roughly this article, entertain retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com