Smoked Meatloaf Log. This smoked meatloaf recipe stuffed with bacon and cheese is so amazing! We are, and this smoked meatloaf recipe is now listed as one of our favorite smoker recipes here on The Typical Mom. Smoked Meatloaf is an unusual and simply delicious version of a classic favorite.
Take the meatloaf, form into a log, wrap in bacon, smoke it and you have smoked meatloaf logs.
If you've never smoked a meatloaf in the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, then you've been In my cooking log, I noted that this looked like "normal meatloaf" on the outside, but when I sliced into it I.
This is my recipe for bbq meatloaf -- meat loaf with a barbecue flare.
Actually this is a simple recipe just subsequent to the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Smoked Meatloaf Log for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Smoked Meatloaf Log using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Meatloaf Log
- You need 2 lb of ground beef (80/20).
- It's 1 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bell pepper (red & green), chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- It's 1/4 cup of worcestershire.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of bbq sauce.
- It's 1 cup of monterrey jack, shredded.
- It's 1 lb of bacon (~9 slices for each log).
- Prepare 1 of wax paper or parchment paper.
Have you ever had a smoked meatloaf? We tried our favorite meatloaf recipe in the pellet grill and smoker, and we were amazed at the results! A smoked meatloaf takes that rich, meaty goodness to a whole new level. Forget what you know about cooking it in the oven…take it outside to the grill and be amazed!
Smoked Meatloaf Log instructions
- Saute onion and peppers in about 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside to cool..
- Add 1/3 cup of favorite BBQ rub and 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce, & Worcestershire and mix together..
- Add ground beef, peppers, onions, eggs and oats to a large mixing pan and mix with clean hands to combine..
- Begin by laying out some wax paper and create the bacon weave in the center or at one end leaving enough room to form the meatloaf log at the other end..
- Form half of the meatloaf (1 lb) into a log that is about the same length as the bacon weave you just created. Be sure to create it close to the bacon weave and lined up with the long side since you will simply roll the log onto the bacon once it's finished. It will be about 2-3 inches in diameter..
- Use the wax paper to help you roll the log up onto the edge of the bacon. Continue to roll the meatloaf log and the bacon weave until the weave is all the way around the meatloaf log. It's not the end of the world if the weave overlaps or if there is a slight gap that the weave does not cover. Repeat these steps on the 2nd meatloaf log..
- Sprinkle ample amounts of BBQ rub all over the outside of the wrapped meatloaf log. Wrap log back in the parchment, cling wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the log to set up..
- Place the logs directly on the smoker grate or if you used the Bradley rack, just lay the entire rack on the smoker grate. Baste with some of the BBQ sauce. Maintain about 225°F for 2-3 hours or until the meatloaf logs have reached 165°F in the center using an accurate meat thermometer. Baste occasionally with remaining BBQ sauce or use it for dipping or making sandwiches with slices of the meatloaf..
- You can also bake in the oven as you would a regular meatloaf at 350°F for 1 hour basting with BBQ sauce after 45 minutes..
This Traeger Smoked Meatloaf has been adapted for the wood-pellet grill from my original meatloaf recipe. That's the meatloaf that made me believe that meatloaf could be GOOD. Smoked meatloaf may be your key to tailgating-party fame. Ribs are delish, but unless you're a member of a Kansas City BBQ championship rib team, people might not be. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the loaf.
I will just inform you that the recipe already tested, you simply follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Smoked Meatloaf Log. If you have questions or requests regarding this article, absorb get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com