Tex Mex Skillet.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just gone the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Tex Mex Skillet for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- Prepare 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- Prepare 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- You need 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- You need 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Tex Mex Skillet step by step
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
I want just to let you know this recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Tex Mex Skillet. If you have questions or requests around this article, engross admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com