Tex Mex Skillet.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just like the other ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Tex Mex Skillet for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- You need 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- You need 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- You need 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- It's 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Tex Mex Skillet step by step
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
Just to let you know the recipe already tested, you suitably follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Tex Mex Skillet. If you have questions or requests regarding this article, divert get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com