Vegan vetkoek and savory mince. Mix dry vetkoek ingredients and then add water. Vetkoek in a nutshell is deep fried yeast buns that can be served as a snack, for breakfast or lunch. It is usually paired with apricot jam, cheese or with This vetkoek is a great, basic recipe for fried dough.
My husband thinks of Afrikaans cooking as famous for mixing sweet and savoury together in the same dish.
In any case, this is a very popular and traditional dish in South Africa.
Amagwinya also known as vetkoek (/ˈfɛtkʊk/, Afrikaans: [ˈfɛtkuk]) is a traditional South African fried dough bread.
Actually this is a simple recipe just when the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Vegan vetkoek and savory mince for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Vegan vetkoek and savory mince using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan vetkoek and savory mince
- You need of Vetkoek:.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of dry quick rise yeast.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2-1/2 cups of warm water.
- Prepare of Mince:.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic.
- It's of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 of handfulls chopped mushrooms.
- You need 1/3 box of soy savory mince.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
It is similar to the Caribbean Johnny cake, the Dutch oliebol, and the Mexican sopaipillas. The word vetkoek literally means "fat cake" in Afrikaans. Traditional South African vetkoek are balls of deep-fried dough that can be stuffed with sweet or savory fillings for a delicious snack. They're a great party snack if they are made small and filled with various processed meats, tuna and mayo, syrup, curried minced meat, cheese, or basically anything.
Vegan vetkoek and savory mince step by step
- Mix dry vetkoek ingredients and then add water.
- Need for 5mins and then cover with a moist tea towel to rise for an hour.
- While dough is rising make filling.
- Fry onion, mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add soya powder and water till desired consistency is achieved.
- Leave to simmer for a bit till tomatoes break down.
- Then knead dough and divide into size balls of choice...a bit flat and plump.
- Leave to rise for 15mins.
- Once thats done fry in oil on a low-med setting.
Vetkoek (pronounced Fet-cook and literally meaning fat cake, fat cookie or fatty cake) is another traditional South African dish. Sauce/Frying pan or Pot Dish lined with some absorbent paper to put the vetkoek in Perforated ladle or spoon for placing the dough in the boiling oil and lifting the vetkoek. Maybe vetkoek oozing with curried mince is not the healthiest of meals, but when you start tucking into these delicious dough balls, you can't help wanting more. Vetkoek was a real treat for me as a kid, a comforting reminder of happy times at home. They are not difficult to make, so go on, have a go!
Just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Vegan vetkoek and savory mince. If you have questions or requests approaching this article, please entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com