Tex Mex Skillet.
Actually this is a simple recipe just taking into account the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delicious Tex Mex Skillet for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- It's 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- You need 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- Prepare 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Tex Mex Skillet step by step
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
I want just inform you that the recipe already tested, you simply follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Tex Mex Skillet. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, charm entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com