Cottage Pie Meal.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just in the manner of the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Cottage Pie Meal for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Cottage Pie Meal using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie Meal
- Prepare 200 g of beef mince.
- It's 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It's 1/2 of green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic and ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp BBQ spice and 1 tblsp peri-peri spice.
- You need of Mash.
- Prepare 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 40 ml of milk.
- You need 10 g of butter.
- It's of Mixed herbs.
- You need of Sides.
- You need Half of Butternut (peeled and chopped up).
- Prepare 3 of large carrots (peeled and sliced up).
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need 250 ml of rice.
- You need of Turmeric.
- It's 2 sticks of stick cinnamon.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Cottage Pie Meal step by step
- Put the rice in a pot, covered in 400ml water. Add the turmeric and stick cinnamon (with some salt to taste) and allow it to cook until ready..
- Put the peeled and chopped Butternut and carrots in a mini pot and cover with water (with some salt to taste) and cook until veggies are soft enough to be poked with a fork..
- Peel and chop up the potatoes and follow the same procedure as mentioned above..
- Rinse the mince and place it in a pirex/glass dish. Add the chopped onion and green pepper and then add the egg. Add bread crumbs and thereafter mix thoroughly adding spices as desired..
- Use a tblsp of oil to line the pie dish around the ends of the pie so that it doesn't turn dry whilst in the oven..
- Place the cottage pie in the oven and allow to cook until mince is brown..
- Once rice is done place it in a strainer and rinse with clean cold water. Once that is done, sprinkle rice with 3 tblsp of sugar and ensure that sugar is evenly distributed..
- Once veggies are soft enough to be poked with a fork remove them from the stove and place in another strainer, rinse with cold water and follow the same procedure as mentioned above..
- Once potatoes are soft, take it off the stove. Rinse with cold water and place it back onto the stove. Add the butter and milk and mash it with a fork. Do add some peri-peri spice/fisherman spice to give the mash some flavour..
- Once the mince has browned in the oven cover the pie with the mash and decorate it with a fork. Sprinkle the mixed herbs over and place it back into the oven for approx. 10/15 minutes. When cottage pie is ready, the meal can be served as intended..
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you clearly follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Cottage Pie Meal. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, entertain entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com