Low Carb Cottage Pie.
Actually this is a simple recipe just like the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Low Carb Cottage Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Low Carb Cottage Pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Cottage Pie
- It's 2 T of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- You need 800 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 60 g of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 2 t of dried thyme.
- It's 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 T of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- It's 1 of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- It's 1 t of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 T of coconut oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Low Carb Cottage Pie instructions
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Low Carb Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, entertain right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com