Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies. Add beef mince and seal meat. Classic cottage pie is one the quickest and easiest supper dishes. This easy sweet potato cottage pie recipe, however, rings the changes and gives a variation on the classic which is suitable for those on a low carb diet or only wanting to cut down on potatoes and the like.
To make things lighter and healthier, instead of using just butter, I usually go for a little homemade butter.
A cottage pie is like a shepherd's pie, except that it's made with beef, not lamb.
Here, a hearty filling of ground beef, salty olives, savory tomatoes, and warming spices like chile powder, cumin, and cinnamon rein in the sweetness of the creamy sweet potato topping.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just later than the other ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies
- It's 800 g of lean beef mince.
- It's 3 of onions.
- It's of Diced garlic.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- It's 1 of leek.
- Prepare 100 g of tomato purée (approx half a tube).
- Prepare 6 of sweet potatoes.
- You need 3/4 of white potatoes.
- You need of Cheddar cheese for sprinkling over the top.
- Prepare 2 of Beef stock cubes.
- It's 3 cups of water.
- You need of Cornflour.
- You need Squeeze of honey (just because I’m obsessed).
- It's of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Butter & milk for mash.
Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Using sweet potato alongside regular potatoes is always good as sweet potato is full of vitamin A Sweet Potato Cottage Pie - Step One. First you will peel and chop your onion into small pieces.
Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies step by step
- Peel and cut all potatoes into cubes and cover in water. Boil and simmer till soft. Meanwhile, Fry onions and mince until golden brown. Then add all the veggies, tomatoes purée and beef stock cubes. Mix the flour into a small bit of water slowly to make a paste, then add the rest of the water. Make sure everything is now together except the potatoes..
- Ladle into oven proof dish, and set aside. Mash potatoes together with a knob of butter and a dash of milk until soft smooth mash. Layer over the top then sprinkle with mash. I cook mine in a warm oven (180 fan for approx 25/30 mins until bubbling)..
I could easily switch out the mince for quorn mince too to make it veggie friendly. Learn how to prepare this easy Cottage Pie with Sweet Potato Crust recipe like a pro. Sweet Potato Cottage Pie - Rich beef mince filling with carrots, celery and onions. This healthy cottage pie recipe makes the perfect family dinner I have still used some white potatoes in the mash as it helps to dry out the sweet potato mash a little. What's the difference between Cottage Pie and.
I would just to let you know the recipe already tested, you conveniently follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies. If you have questions or requests on this article, entertain admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com