Shepherds pie. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat--turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
This is a recipe for Cottage Pie.
Cover with at least an inch of cold water.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
Literally this is an easy recipe just bearing in mind the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Shepherds pie for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- It's 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It's 1/2 of an onion.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Worchershirer sauce.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- It's of Fresh basil and oregano.
- You need 1 pint of Green beans.
- Prepare of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- It's 1 pint of Corn.
- It's 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- Prepare Splash of milk and water.
- It's of Cornstarch.
- You need 2 packets of brown gravy.
- You need of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes.
- It's of Fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Paprika.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. A main-dish pie is a great way to use that extra pound of ground beef. Try different varieties of frozen vegetables you have stashed in the freezer for a different twist. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream.
Shepherds pie step by step
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9x13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
Add salt and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion and red pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious!
I want just to let you know the recipe already tested, you usefully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Shepherds pie. If you have questions or requests approaching this article, interest entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com