Literally this is an easy recipe just past the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Cottage Pie for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can cook Cottage Pie using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- Prepare 3 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large finely chopped onion.
- It's 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 of large stalks celery finely chopped.
- You need 1 bag of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped.
- It's of About 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 of oxo cubes (beef stock cubes - can buy on Amazon).
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme (optional).
- Prepare 1 can of Campbell’s French onion soup.
- It's 2 of heaped tablespoons Bisto gravy powder (buy on Amazon).
- You need 1 glass of red wine.
- You need of About a quarter cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- Prepare 2 containers of Costco mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of little grated nutmeg.
Cottage Pie step by step
- In about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, Brown the beef (add a little salt and pepper)and drain - set aside..
- In about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Sauté chopped onions, celery, carrots, add a little salt and pepper while cooking. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes until softened..
- Return meat to large pan and add a glass of red wine, can of soup, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook on medium head stirring occasionally.
- Add sautéed vegetables.
- Sauté mushrooms in about 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, and add to meat/veg mixture..
- Add frozen peas..
- Add 3 oxo cubes crumbled..
- Put the bisto gravy powder in a mug or cup. Stir in about 1/4 cup cold water. Spoon into meat/veg mixture about a spoonful at a time and stir. This makes a rich gravy..
- Check seasoning and continue cooking on low heat stirring occasionally..
- Make the potatoes as directed. Put cooked potatoes in large bowl. Add butter, cheddar cheese and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside..
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprig (if used) and Spoon meat mixture into shallow casserole or baking pans (this is enough for two dishes).
- Spoon potato mixture on the top making sure sides are sealed with potato mixture. Score top of potatoes with a fork. (Run fork across and down to make a pattern)..
- Bake in center of preheated 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown..
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested, you handily follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests something like this article, keep busy entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com