My Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her mother (thanks Frannie!). Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face - especially when you get seconds!
Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great!
My easy shepherd's pie recipe goes down great with my family, they always manage to finish off.
To make my Shepherd's Pie, I start by peeling and cubing my potatoes to make the mashed potato Make-Ahead Shepherd's Pie Recipe.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just following the other ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing My Shepherds Pie for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have My Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 10 3/4 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1 can of corn kernels, drained.
- You need 1 packages of mashed potatoes (such as the Idaho pouch) or your own mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder (or more or less, to taste).
- It's 1 of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of pepper (to taste).
You can easily prepare your Shepherd's Pie up to final baking. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Ingredients for shepherd's pie: Ground beef, beef broth, oil, red wine, flour, tomato paste, onions Mashed potatoes: I usually make my Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes for this, but my regular mashed.
My Shepherds Pie instructions
- brown / cook the ground beef and onion together, then drain the grease and return to pan.
- add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and can of mushroom soup to the ground beef and mix until heated.
- make the mashed potatoes as directed on pouch or box (serving for 4-6).
- spoon the meat / soup mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- pour the drained can of corn onto the meat mixture.
- spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the corn and meat.
- cover with cheese (I didn't advise how much because it depends on how much and what type you like.).
- bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted and browned or bubbly but not burned.
This is a dish I grew up on and loved it everytime my mom made it. It's a British classic and all Shepherd's Pie Recipe. By definition, this classic meat pie falls into one of two categories: Shepherd's pie, which traditionally was only made with stewed or ground lamb, and. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal!
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing My Shepherds Pie. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, keep amused open us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com