Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just in the manner of the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delectable Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can have Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- It's 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- You need 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- You need 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- It's 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC instructions
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, divert admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com