Tex Mex Skillet.
Literally this is a simple recipe just taking into account the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the appetizing Tex Mex Skillet for your dinner with your associates or family. You can have Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- Prepare 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- Prepare 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Tex Mex Skillet instructions
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
Just inform you that recipe already tested, you simply follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Tex Mex Skillet. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, make laugh log on us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com