Baked Shepherd's Pie.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just bearing in mind the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Baked Shepherd's Pie for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Baked Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Shepherd's Pie
- You need 500 grams of Potatoes.
- You need 150 grams of Ground beef and pork mix.
- It's 1/2 medium of sized Onion.
- You need 70 ml of Milk.
- You need 30 grams of Easy melting cheese.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It's 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper (For the mashed potatoes).
- It's 1 of Whisked eggs (This helps to brown the recipe more easily; optional).
Baked Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Peel the potatoes, cut into fourths, and boil..
- Finely chop the onions, and sauté in a pan coated with vegetable oil (not listed, about 1 teaspoon) until they become transparent..
- Add the ground meat, cook until it changes color, add salt, soy sauce, pepper, and nutmeg and sauté some more..
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, drain, season with salt and pepper, and mash..
- Once they are pretty well mashed, add milk and mix thoroughly (Adjust the firmness to your liking with milk). Taste, and add more salt if needed..
- Put half of the mashed potatoes into a casserole dish, and spread it out evenly..
- Add all of the ground meat from step 3, and top with cheese..
- Divide the remaining mashed potatoes into 3 equal portions and scatter on top..
- Press it out evenly with plastic wrap..
- Coat it with whisked egg; use a fork to make a pattern, and cook at 480°F/250°C for 15 minutes, and then at 570°F/300°C for another 5-6 minutes..
- You are done once it turns golden brown!.
- *If you are having trouble getting it to turn golden brown, I have a little trick... Mix 1 teaspoon of Mirin in with the whisked eggs and coat, and it will turn golden brown easily..
- **If you don't have Mirin, then bake at 570°F/300°C from the start until it browns, and then reduce the heat..
I would just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Baked Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, absorb edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com