Yes, this is an easy recipe just afterward the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Cottage Pie for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Oil.
- It's 500 g of Beef Mince.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Purée.
- Prepare 2 of Large Carrots (cut small).
- It's 500 ml of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- It's 8 of Medium Potatoes.
- It's 50 ml of Milk.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into 4, add to saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Boil for 25 minutes on a medium/high heat.
- Heat up pan until hot or as I like to use, my wok as it is great for quick cooking! Add the tablespoon of oil and break up the mince into the pan, cooking until the meat has browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and thyme and fry until softened.
- Add the tablespoon of flour (through a sieve) try not to get any big lumps in there! Stir on a low/medium heat covering the meat and veggies - (this will help thicken the stock when you add it).
- Add tomato purée, salt and pepper to taste and then add the beef stock stirring as you add. Leave to simmer for 25 minutes to let the vegetables soften and the sauce thicken.
- Whilst your filling is simmering away strain your potatoes and mash them adding your butter and a good grind of pepper.
- Pour the mince filling into a baking dish and top with the mash. Fluff the top with a fork and I like to rub a little butter in with the fork so when it goes into the oven it makes it nice and crisp!.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes untill nice and golden brown and hot all the way through. Serve with some broccoli / asparagus 👍🏼.
Just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, occupy edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com