Cottage pie. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Cottage Pie - comfort food central!
This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy.
Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just subsequently the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delectable Cottage pie for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Cottage pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium onion (minced).
- It's 1 tsp of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 5 of potatoes.
- You need 4 of dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 1 can of sweet peas.
- You need 1/4 of cup shredded cheddar cheese, or as much as you like.
Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. It is a dish that originated around the time that As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James.
Cottage pie step by step
- Preheat oven to °400, Peel and wash potatoes, dice and begin to boil..
- In a large skillet add ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned..
- Drain corn and peas. When potatoes are done, mash well. Add ground beef to a glass baking dish..
- Top with corn, peas and then mashed potatoes. Coat top of potatoes with cheese. Bake for 20 min. Enjoy!!.
In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top.
I will just inform you that recipe already tested, you clearly follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Cottage pie. If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, make smile retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com