Literally this is an easy recipe just later the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Cottage/Shepherd's Pie for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Cottage/Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage/Shepherd's Pie
- It's 4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It's 2 lb of Ground Beef or Lamb (I used Ground Beef).
- You need 1 of Large Onion, diced.
- It's 2 Cups of Carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- You need 1/2 cup of or Red Wine.
- You need 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of Beef Stock.
- It's 1 cup of Frozen Peas.
- It's of For the mashed potato topping:.
- You need 2 lbs of Potatoes (7-8 medium sized potatoes), peeled and cut in.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole Milk.
- It's 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It's 1 of Egg Yolk.
- It's to taste of Salt and Pepper,.
Cottage/Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large skillet preheated over medium-high heat add the olive oil with ground beef. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes while breaking it up with a spatula until it’s no longer pink..
- Add onions and carrots, season them with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for about 7 to 8 minutes or until they have developed some color and started to soften. Add the garlic, ketchup, worcesteshire sauce, dried rosemary and paprika and cook for another minute..
- Add the wine and cook it for about a minute or until it has reduced slightly..
- Sprinkle beef with the flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes..
- Add the beef stock and let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened..
- Stir in frozen peas and cook until warmed through for about 2-3 minutes..
- For the mashed potato topping:.
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water and add some salt. Bring to a boil, cook until soft for about 15-20 minutes and drain. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth..
- In a small saucepan, heat together the milk and butter so it’s nice and warm. Add the warm milk and butter to the mashed potatoes along with some cheddar cheese and mix everything well. Season with 1/2 tsp of paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Add the egg yolk and mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees..
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large baking dish with some non-stick spray, add the meat mixture and then top it with the mashed potatoes. Spread it evenly and place it in the oven and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are golden brown..
Just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory Cottage/Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests something like this article, please right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com