Shepherds pie. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat--turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
This is a recipe for Cottage Pie.
Cover with at least an inch of cold water.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just bearing in mind the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delicious Shepherds pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of an onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Worchershirer sauce.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- It's of Fresh basil and oregano.
- It's 1 pint of Green beans.
- It's of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- Prepare 1 pint of Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- You need Splash of milk and water.
- You need of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 packets of brown gravy.
- You need of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes.
- It's of Fresh parsley.
- You need of Paprika.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. A main-dish pie is a great way to use that extra pound of ground beef. Try different varieties of frozen vegetables you have stashed in the freezer for a different twist. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream.
Shepherds pie step by step
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9x13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
Add salt and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion and red pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious!
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory Shepherds pie. If you have questions or requests roughly this article, entertain right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com