Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC.
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just taking into account the other ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- It's 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- Prepare 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC step by step
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, keep busy entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com