Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie). Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Cottage pie is almost the same but using beef or even pork.
Also topping of Cheese on the mash potato which melts to a lovely crisp and tasty top.
Lambs meat for Shepard's pie & Mince beef for cottage.
Actually this is an easy recipe just taking into consideration the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie) for your lunch with your friends or family. You can cook Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie)
- It's 1 lb of ground beef..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 of onion (med) chopped.
- Prepare 1 of glove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It's 4 medium of potatoes peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of green onions chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of cream cheese (can add another tbsp).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk (can add another tbsp).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Saucy Shiraz Shepard's Pie (also known as Cottage Pie) Cold winter months make me gravitate to eat something warm and hearty BUT healthy. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. It is a dish that originated around the time that potatoes Once the potato crust came into play, cottage pie as we know it today came into being. As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the.
Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie) instructions
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Approximately 15 min..
- Meanwhile sautee chopped onion, carrots and garlic with the olive oil in a frying pan for 5 min. You can add other veg such as mushrooms and celery..
- Add your ground beef and saute for 10 min until no longer pink. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and the worchester sauce and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2-3 min..
- Add the butter and mash the potatoes. Add milk, chopped green onion and cream cheese. Use a spoon to mix together. Season with salt & pepper to taste..
- Add meat to a baking dish and cover with mashed potatoes. You can add if you like grated cheese on top of the potatoes..
- Cook @ 400°F in preheated oven for 30 min or until crisp on top..
Shepherd's pie is a comforting, hearty, Classic English dish. Traditionally Shepherd's pie, is made with ground lamb, when beef is Actually a classic shepherd's pie is made from lamb; shepherd - lamb, and a Cottage Pie would have been made out of beef. But in the US, not many Americans know the. Cottage pie, also known as shepherd's pie, is a Irish meat pie with a mashed potato top. Frying the meat in lard can improve the texture and consistency of the finished product, although this also has the effect of increasing drastically the saturated fat content.
I will just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Cottage Pie ( also known as Shepard's Pie). If you have questions or requests concerning this article, make smile retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com