Classic Shepherd's Pie.
Actually this is a simple recipe just taking into consideration the other ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Classic Shepherd's Pie for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can have Classic Shepherd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 400 grams of Ground Beef.
- It's 1 large of Onion, chopped up.
- You need 5 large of Potatoes.
- It's 1 medium of Carrot, diced.
- It's 1/2 cup of Green Peas.
- You need 5 medium of Champignons, sliced.
- It's 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It's 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It's 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce.
- It's 1 of Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Seasoning.
- It's 1 of Cheddar Cheese.
- It's 1/4 cup of Corn.
Classic Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Making the Mashed Potato: Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil in water for about 20 - 25 minutes, until you are able to poke through the potato easily with a fork. Remove from water and allow potatoes to cool. Mash potatoes in a large bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Add the milk and butter in gradually. Blend in until the mash becomes a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Making the Meat Filling: Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Saute the clove and onions for a few minutes. Next, add carrots and mushrooms. Saute till the carrots are soft. Add the ground beef. Stir fry till beef turns light brown. Add the dark soy sauce for color. Add the green peas and corn. Add salt, pepper and seasoning to taste. Add water and allow to simmer for about 10 mins. Add more water if needed so that there is some gravy and the beef does not dry out..
- Making the Pie: Transfer the meat filling to a baking dish and level it out so that the filling covers the entire base of the dish. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese over. Next, add the mash on top of the meat filling and spread it out with the back of a spoon (do not press the mash down into the filling otherwise too much gravy will seep into the mash). Use a fork to rough up the surface of the mash. Baste the mash with a little butter and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top. Bake in oven on max heat for about 15 mins or until the potato crust turns golden brown and slightly crispy..
Just to let you know recipe already tested, you clearly follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Classic Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, interest approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com