Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just next the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Shepherds Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Shepherds Pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- You need of Shepherds Meat.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It's 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It's 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- It's 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh peas.
- You need of Cheesey Mashed Tater Topping.
- It's 5 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 5 lbs of Idaho taters.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of sharp chedder.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Shepherds Pie instructions
- Pie Meat: Add butter and oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Saute onions until tender about 10 min. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste, then the ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink about 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook and simmer for another 10 minutes. Mix in peas. Transfer mixture to an oven-proof baking dish and spread evenly..
- Cheesey Taters: Fill a large saucepan with cold water. Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes cook until soft about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are at a desired density, drain the potatoes and place them back into the saucepan for mashing. Add butter and sour cream and begin to mash potatoes into a semi smooth consistency. Once at desired texture season with salt and pepper..
- Place mashed potato on top of ground beef mixture and spread out evenly, once the top surface has been covered, rake through with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook until browned about 20 minutes. Spoon out the shepherd's pie sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve..
Just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Shepherds Pie. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, occupy get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com