Beef Au Gratin Casserole.
Actually this is a simple recipe just subsequent to the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the delectable Beef Au Gratin Casserole for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Beef Au Gratin Casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Au Gratin Casserole
- Prepare of Olive Oil Spray.
- It's 1.5 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need of Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It's 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 Tbsp of dried thyme.
- It's 3 cups of chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 lb of block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Beef Au Gratin Casserole step by step
- Spray 13x9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..
I would just to let you know the recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Beef Au Gratin Casserole. If you have questions or requests on this article, make smile retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com