Low Carb Cottage Pie.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just behind the other ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Low Carb Cottage Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Low Carb Cottage Pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Cottage Pie
- It's 2 T of coconut oil.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- It's 2 of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- It's 800 g of beef mince.
- You need 60 g of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- It's 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 2 t of dried thyme.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 T of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- You need 1 of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 t of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 T of coconut oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Low Carb Cottage Pie instructions
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
Just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Low Carb Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests vis--vis this article, engross approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com