Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage. The Hairy Bikers' warming cottage pie is topped with delicious creamy cheesy mash. For a different take on meat and potatoes, try this traditional English dish, a savory ground beef mixture topped with mashed potatoes (and, in this version, carrots). - - Cottage Pie with Vegetable Mash Recipe. Find this Pin and more on Casserole and One-Pot Meal Recipes by Martha Stewart Living.
Drain and mash with the butter and milk and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the meat into an Tip: It's a good idea to allow the mash to cool slightly before putting it on top of the mince, this will For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety.
Cottage pie, like its opposite lamb number, Shepherd's pie, was the ingenious idea of housewives many Cooked beef or lamb were diced or shredded and sometimes the vegetables were added to the The leeks were always added to the mashed potato topping when I was growing up - it was.
Literally this is an easy recipe just subsequent to the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can have Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- It's 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare 500 g of lamb or beef mince.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- It's 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 200 ml of beef stock.
- You need 1 of large sweet potato cubed.
- You need 1 of large potato cubes.
- It's 4 of carrots chopped (300g).
- Prepare 50 g of butter for mash.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce/ Worcestershire sauce.
We had some roast and vegetables leftover from our New Years Eve dinner, and they needed to be used today. I thought about making a Beef Pot Pie, which we do both really like a lot, but I went a tiny step further though, and made a potato and parsnip mash for on the top instead of a plain old mash. For the topping Ladle the lentil mixture and all the sauce into an ovenproof dish, then spoon the mash over and even out with a fork. Top tip for making Cottage pie with cheesy mash.
Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage step by step
- Fry onion in oil in large frying pan for 5 minutes. Also oil a large pan of water. Add garlic to frying pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add mince and cooked for 15 minutes to ensure brown. Preheat oven to 180c (fan)..
- Add chopped root vegetables to boiling water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Check soft before draining..
- Add herbs and tomato purée to mince mixture. Mix well..
- Add beef stock and soy sauce to mince mixture and mix well..
- Cook mince mixture until thickened. Add to pie dishes..
- Mash vegetables with butter to desired consistency..
- Top pie dishes with mash. Cook in oven for 20 minutes..
- Boil black cabbage for 2 minutes or as per packet instructions. Add butter and seasoning if desired..
- Serve pie dish and cabbage.
Serve along with Broccoli, Swede and green beans. Add the vegetables and briefly sauté, stir in the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Drain the potatoes, mash and add the hot milk, butter, and cheese. Cheese With Vegetables Recipes on Yummly Beef Stroganoff Casserole, Tomato Pie, Baked Rice With Vegetables And Eggs.
I want just inform you that the recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the savory Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, charm open us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com