My Family’s Cottage Pie.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just taking into consideration the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory My Family’s Cottage Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook My Family’s Cottage Pie using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Family’s Cottage Pie
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of Garlic *finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Carrot *cut into Peas & Corn size.
- You need 1 of Celery Sticks *finely chopped.
- You need 500 g of Beef Mince.
- You need 1 of (*about 200g) Beef Steak *cut into 1.5cm pieces.
- It's of Salt & Black Pepper.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beef Stock.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins).
- It's 1/4 cup of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of Frozen Corn.
- It's of <Mashed Potato>.
- You need 800 g of to 1kg Potatoes *peeled & chopped.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It's 30 g of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
My Family’s Cottage Pie step by step
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook Onion, Garlic, Carrot and Celery for 2-3 minutes. Add all Beef and cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes..
- Add the Flour and cook, stirring, until combined, then add Stock, Tomato Paste and Worcestershire Sauce. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, cook until sauce thickens. Add Peas and Corn, season with Salt and Pepper..
- Meanwhile, cook Potatoes in a separate saucepan of salted water until tender. Drain well. Return to the saucepan and add Butter. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Add Milk and stir until well combined. Taste and season with Salt and Pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Spoon the mixture into a large baking dish. Cover with the mashed potato and use a fork to spread over and make a pattern..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until mashed potato is slightly browned. Serve immediately..
I will just to let you know the recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delectable My Family’s Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, keep amused read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com