Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie.
Literally this is an easy recipe just once the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the tasty Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie
- You need 120 g of lean 5% fat beef mince,.
- Prepare 425 g of mash potato, (ready made, available in most supermarkets),.
- It's Half of an onion, chopped finely,.
- It's Half of a large vine tomato, chopped finely,.
- It's 1/2 tsp of dried parsley,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare 4 tsp of beef gravy granules,.
- Prepare 1 of good dash or two of Worcester sauce,.
- Prepare 100 ml of water, boiled,.
- It's of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need 30 g of 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated,.
- Prepare 7 g of unsalted butter, (around 1/2 tbsp),.
- It's of Frylight for frying, I used sunflower oil,.
- Prepare of Dried parsley to garnish. (Optional).
Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). In a medium saucepan over a medium heat add Frylight to cover the base of the pan. Once warm add the chopped onions and cook whilst stirring occasionally for around 4-5 minutes until they soften and begin to turn translucent..
- Add in the beef mince and break up into small pieces in the saucepan and mix together with the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add a couple more sprays of Frylight if it's needed so the meat doesn't dry out or stick to the pan. Once the meat is browned add the dry herbs and garlic and combine..
- Boil 100ml of water and set aside. Add in the chopped tomato to the saucepan. Cook for another minute whilst stirring occasionally. Add the beef gravy granules and Worcester sauce then the boiled water, stir everything together. Leave to simmer over a medium to low heat until the sauce reduces by half and thickens..
- Turn off the hob and set the meat mixture aside. Take the ready made mash, (you can of course make your own, but this is for convenience in this instance and it's available to buy in the fresh section of most supermarkets). Microwave the mash for two minutes to soften. Add the butter to the mash plus a little salt and pepper to season and give a mix so it's a nice soft, smooth consistency..
- Spoon the meat mixture into a perspex/oven proof dish, and even out flat with the back of a spoon. Next add the fluffy mash on top, and using a fork neatly take it right up to the sides so it completely covers the meat layer and there's no gaps, this is to prevent leaks. Sprinkle over the grated cheese neatly, right up to the edges..
- Bake the cottage pie on a middle shelf until warmed through for around 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Note: If you want, for the final 5 mins of cooking you can grill it to get the cheese even more golden..
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a little dried parsley. This is lovely served on its own or with some vegetables on the side. Enjoy! :).
Just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you suitably follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests on this article, charm admittance us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com