Brad's moussaka. Indulge in a Greek-style moussaka, made with aubergines and lamb, packed with herbs and topped with two types of cheese. With Giannis Angelakis, Christos Mantakas, Myriam Vourou, Gregory Patrick Karr. Finde was du suchst - appetitlich & originell.
This classic Greek moussaka recipe is made by layering eggplant and potatoes with a spiced meat filling and topping it with a béchamel sauce.
A Greek-inspired casserole with layers of fried eggplant, beef, and Bechamel.
An authentic, delicious recipe for Eggplant Moussaka- perfect for entertaining or serving at a special gathering.
Actually this is a simple recipe just taking into consideration the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Brad's moussaka for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Brad's moussaka using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's moussaka
- Prepare 1 of long narrow eggplant.
- It's 1 of flour for dredging.
- You need 1 of oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef. sirloin if u can.
- You need 1/2 lb of sweet Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- It's 7 tbsp of flour.
- It's 3 cup of warm milk.
- It's 3 of eggs, well beaten.
- Prepare 1 of paprika, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste.
- You need 2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs..
Moussaka, dish of baked lamb and eggplant prepared throughout the Balkans and Middle East, but most closely associated with Greece and Turkey. In the Greek version the eggplants are sliced and. Moussaka - Manu's version of a classic Greek dish made with layers of eggplant, zucchini, potatoes, beef As everyone knows moussaka is a traditional Greek dish. Inspired by a traditional Greek recipe.
Brad's moussaka step by step
- wash and slice.eggplant. dredge in flour and fry in very hot oil until golden brown.
- drain on paper towels..
- arrange a single layer in the bottom of a greased casserole dish..
- meanwhile brown the beef and sausage in a heavy skillet..
- immediately add onion and garlic..
- when meat is brown, drain fat and add tomato sauce. season to taste with salt and pepper. add a half tsp of nutmeg and cinnamon. if your taste requires more by all means add more.
- now we start the bechamel sauce. heat butter in a sauce pot. add flour, stir until you have a thick paste..
- cook out the starch for a few min until you get a slight nutty aroma..
- slowly add warm milk stirring constantly. once all milk is added, stir over med low heat until sauce becomes thick and bubbly..
- remove from heat. immediately add a cup of milk mix to beaten eggs slowly while stirring eggs. once combined slowly add back to the milk mixture stirring constantly. once combined season to taste with paprika nutmeg salt and pepper.
- now back to the casserole. place a layer of meat over the eggplant. a layer of sauce over that. spread some cheese and bread crumbs..
- repeat layering until ingredients are gone. i usually get 3 layers. end with feta cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- bake at 350 for 30-45 min until edges are bubbly and crumbs are browned. if crumbs aren't brown enough turn broiler on a couple minutes.
- Serve with tatziki sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342642-brads-tatziki-sauce.
This product is not suitable for microwave cooking. Remove film lid and place the Moussaka in its tray on a baking tray. Translations of moussaka. in Chinese (Traditional). Can someone cook me a badass vegan moussaka and bring it over. cheers. Vegan moussaka is just as tasty as the traditional one, but much healthier.
Just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you simply follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Brad's moussaka. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, interest entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com