Shepherds pie. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat--turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
This is a recipe for Cottage Pie.
Cover with at least an inch of cold water.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
Actually this is a simple recipe just past the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Shepherds pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of an onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Worchershirer sauce.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- It's of Fresh basil and oregano.
- Prepare 1 pint of Green beans.
- It's of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- It's 1 pint of Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- Prepare Splash of milk and water.
- It's of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 packets of brown gravy.
- It's of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- It's of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
- It's of Paprika.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. A main-dish pie is a great way to use that extra pound of ground beef. Try different varieties of frozen vegetables you have stashed in the freezer for a different twist. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream.
Shepherds pie step by step
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9x13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
Add salt and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion and red pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious!
I want just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Shepherds pie. If you have questions or requests around this article, entertain edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com