Corrie's Cottage Pie.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just next the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Corrie's Cottage Pie for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Corrie's Cottage Pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corrie's Cottage Pie
- Prepare of Meat Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It's 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef mince.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- It's 1 can of carrots.
- It's 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce (optional).
- It's of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 100 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of grated cheese (optional).
Corrie's Cottage Pie instructions
- Crush the garlic with the flat end of a knife and chop finely. Chop the onion into dices..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion and garlic. Fry on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt..
- Add the beef mince and cook through until brown. Drain off the fat..
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the mixture and stir well. Add the water and stir again..
- Add the carrots and bring the mixture to the boil. Add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, if using. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Wash and peel the potatoes then cut into equal sized chunks..
- Place the potatoes in a pot and pour over cold water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. When a potato slips of the blade of a knife easily, then they are ready :).
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash well, leaving no lumps then stir in the milk and butter. Mix well..
- In a casserole dish, line all of the meat sauce on the bottom. Top with the mashed potatoes. Smooth the potatoes with a fork. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is slightly browned and crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Corrie's Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, engross approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com