Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just next the additional ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delectable Shepherds Pie for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can cook Shepherds Pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- It's of Shepherds Meat.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It's 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It's of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- It's 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh peas.
- Prepare of Cheesey Mashed Tater Topping.
- You need 5 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 5 lbs of Idaho taters.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sharp chedder.
- It's of Salt and pepper.
Shepherds Pie step by step
- Pie Meat: Add butter and oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Saute onions until tender about 10 min. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste, then the ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink about 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook and simmer for another 10 minutes. Mix in peas. Transfer mixture to an oven-proof baking dish and spread evenly..
- Cheesey Taters: Fill a large saucepan with cold water. Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes cook until soft about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are at a desired density, drain the potatoes and place them back into the saucepan for mashing. Add butter and sour cream and begin to mash potatoes into a semi smooth consistency. Once at desired texture season with salt and pepper..
- Place mashed potato on top of ground beef mixture and spread out evenly, once the top surface has been covered, rake through with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook until browned about 20 minutes. Spoon out the shepherd's pie sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve..
I would just inform you that the recipe already tested, you clearly follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Shepherds Pie. If you have questions or requests just about this article, please get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com