Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. Great recipe for Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. I usually serve this with saffron rice or yellow rice. The cabbage I think is just as good if not better.
Terrific with cornbread." Save to favorites.
I am a southern girl who practicaly grew up on this stuff, but haven't made it for my family because we try to stay away from fried food as much as possibl.
Southern Fried Cabbage - Simple, tasty , flavored with garlic and bacon -Ready in less than no time.
Actually this is an easy recipe just once the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage
- It's 2 pounds of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of Golden raisins.
- It's 1/4 cup of sofrito.
- It's 1/3 cup of dehydrated onion.
- It's 2/3 head of cabbage.
- You need 1 pound of red potatoes.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 15 ounce of can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of minced green olives.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of capers.
- It's 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Fried cabbage is actually a mixture of sautéing, and/or stewing, being cooked low and simmered in its own juices, rather than fried quickly. It is really not "Fried" so don't be alarmed! Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!!
Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage instructions
- Wash and dice the potatoes, don't peel. Heat the oil and add the potatoes and ground beef..
- Chop the cabbage. Add the cabbage, salt, garlic, and dehydrated onions, to the potatoes and beef..
- Mince the olive, crush the capers, and add the raisins..
- Stir well. Cover and let simmer 15 minutes..
- Stir well add the rest of the ingredients cover and simmer till the potatoes are fork tender, also the cabbage tender..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Fried Cabbage is one of those things that we've been making for years, but also one of those things that I never thought to put on the blog! When I was growing up, mom made cabbage quite often. It was cheap and we all liked it a lot. I remember she would always cut out the core and leave it for Dad. Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter, bacon & onion.
I want just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. If you have questions or requests on the subject of this article, make laugh door us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily locate it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com