Ground Beef and Potato Curry. I think the sweet potatoes do a wonderful job counteracting the heat so if you like it hot, feel free to add more cayenne to this dish. Also, you should know that while I call this a curry, it's actually more of a dry dish. It's still a little unusual for me to write an Indian recipe calling for ground beef.
Cover and cook till potatoes are cooked.
I also added a little bit of curry powder and Balti seasoning.
I threw in fresh cut up cauliflower instead of the peas.
Literally this is a simple recipe just considering the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the appetizing Ground Beef and Potato Curry for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Ground Beef and Potato Curry using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef and Potato Curry
- Prepare 500 gr (1 lb) of ground beef.
- You need 500 gr (1 lb) of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- It's 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 4 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ginger powder (if you use fresh 1 inch ginger finely chopped).
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- It's to taste of ground white pepper.
- You need 250 ml of thick coconut milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
I've been wanting my family to start liking Indian food but they've always found the curries to be a bit strong. This Recipe is perfect starting point. View top rated Ground beef curry and potatoes recipes with ratings and reviews. Ground Beef Curry - a simple, fast curry made with ground meat, spinach and spices.
Ground Beef and Potato Curry instructions
- Deep fry the potatoes until cooked..
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Saute the onion and garlic until wilted and the onion looks a little brown..
- Add the ground meat. Stir until cooked..
- Add curry powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger powder, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir well..
- Add coconut milk. Cook until thickened. Stir occasionally..
- Add fried potatoes. Stir until well blended. Taste it, adjust salt/sugar if needed. Simmer for a few minutes until the entire mixture has thickened. Add the peas. Stir it for a minute. Turn the heat off..
- Serve the curry with flatbread or rice..
Paleo, slow carb and low carb curry recipe. This would go well with cauliflower rice or roasted cauliflower; curried potatoes; white rice; rice pilaf. But if you don't want to mess with all that, the curry is good on. Add the beef broth to help cook the potatoes. I use Better than Bouillon to make my beef broth because this stuff tastes great, lasts just about Update: I also tried making this with a vegetarian soy-based ground beef substitute, and it worked great.
I want just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Ground Beef and Potato Curry. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, make smile retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com