Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose!.
Literally this is a simple recipe just in the manner of the other ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the tasty Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose! for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose! using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose!
- It's of Base.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra light olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of extra lean ground beef, lamb, turkey, or veggie base (Mince)..
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hamburger seasoning or other dry seasoning (optional).
- It's 1/4 tsp of thyme*.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil*.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano*.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Pickapeppa sauce (optional for spicy flavour, but the secret ingredient!) can use Worcestershire as a substitute.
- You need 1/4 cup of Prepared Bisto (gravy) more or less to preferred.
- It's 1/4 of finely chopped onion (optional).
- It's of Topping.
- You need 3 of large baking potatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (taco, sharp or aged cheddar, or other preference).
Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose! step by step
- *Substitute herbs for an italian blend if desired. Adjust all ingredients to taste..
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut potatoes into large 1-2", evenly sized chunks. Place in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to a boil, add a bit of salt if desired. Reduce heat to med/ med-high and do not cover..
- Heat skillet, then add olive oil. Once oil is heated and not yet smoking, add crushed garlic (and onion) saute briefly, then add mince..
- Before mince browns, add hamburger seasoning, basil, oregano, thyme, and Pickapeppa..
- Remove excess pan drippings. Prepare Bisto gravy with pan drippings (or water) and add to mince, stir well. Turn off heat..
- Check if potatoes are cooked by piercing with a fork. If they slide off easily they are done. Turn off heat. Drain water from potatoes. Place potatoes in the pot back on the burner with the pot lid cracked, for about 5 minutes. This dries out the potatoes so they are fluffy..
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add milk and butter. Use a wisk and beat into a creamy consistency..
- Transfer mince to a casserole dish. (Optional step: add a layer of corn on top of the mince for a triple decker pie!!).
- Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 10-20 min to melt cheese, finish off on broil to brown cheese if desired..
- Serve with warmed canned corn or other veggies on the side..
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose!. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, divert edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com