Puerto Rican Picadillo.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just in the manner of the additional ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the savory Puerto Rican Picadillo for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Puerto Rican Picadillo using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican Picadillo
- You need 3 of lbs. Ground Chuck.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It's 6-10 Cloves of Minced Garlic (your preference).
- You need 1 of Medium / Large Onion Cubed.
- Prepare 1 of Green Bell Pepper Cubed.
- It's 1/3-1/2 Cup of Sofrito (I have a recipe for this).
- You need 1 packet of Sazon with Culantro and Achiote.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of toasted Almonds.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of halved Green Olives.
- It's 1/3 Cup of Capers.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Raisins.
- It's 1 tsp. of each Salt and Pepper.
- It's 1 tsp. of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Ground Cloves.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 can of Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of White Vinegar.
Puerto Rican Picadillo instructions
- In 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, sweat the Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Sofrito, and Sazon for 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside in bowl..
- Add remaining Tbsp of Olive Oil and brown Ground Chuck. When browned, drain fat and add Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic and Sofrito mixture to skillet and set aside..
- In small skillet, simmer Vinegar, Olives, Capers, Raisins, Salt and Pepper, Cinnamon, Cloves and Bay leaves for up to 10 - 12 minutes stirring to distribute flavors..
- In separate skillet, toast the almonds. You want them brown, but not burned. These add a very nice texture!! When done, add them to the meat mixture..
- At this point, add the Olive and Caper mixture (in step 3) to the Ground Chuck mixture. Add Almonds and Diced Tomatoes. Bring up to heat and turn to simmer for approximately one hour. You're going to LOVE how your house is smelling..
- There's just something about my Caldero that makes this so much better. Not necessary though..
Just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you simply follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Puerto Rican Picadillo. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, make smile contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com