Papas rellenas. Rellenos de papa (also called papas rellenas) is a delicious Puerto Rican dish! It is basicly balls of mashed potatoes. Papa rellena is delicious comfort food, similar to mashed potato pancakes, but with a surprise ground beef center.
Or Papas Rellenas if you feel like being authentic.
Seasoned beef stuffed inside a ball of mashed potatoes.
Breaded and fried until golden brown and crispy all around.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just subsequently the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the appetizing Papas rellenas for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Papas rellenas using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Papas rellenas
- Prepare of potatoes.
- Prepare of picadillo.
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of oil.
Papas Rellenas are a traditional Cuban delicacy. Here you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to make them! Papa rellena is a small mashed potato fritter stuffed with meat, tomato, black olives, raisins and flavored with oregano and cumin, then fried. Papas Rellenas is a Peruvian dish eaten throughout the Andes.
Papas rellenas instructions
- The first thing you want to do is get your picadillo together. For that you need about a pound of ground beef, 2 sazon packets, about 1/4 cup sofrito (homemade or store bought), about 1/8 cup diced green olives, 1/2 green pepper diced, half an onion diced, I clove garlic minced. Put some olive oil in a skillet and add the green pepper and onion, cook until tender. Add the beef and all the rest of the ingredients and cook until done. Let cool, put in a container, pop it in the fridge..
- Peel and cut up about 6 to 8 good sized potatoes. Put in a pan with water and salt, bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. Drain and mash the potatoes well with a fork. Place in the fridge to get cold..
- Once the potatoes are cold you can handle them. Grab a hand full about the size of a golf ball. Roll it in a ball, then poke a hole in the middle and start to firm a cup. Put some of the picadillo mixture in the center then cup the potato up over the meat and roll into a ball. Continue doing that until all the potatoes are gone..
- To make your batter mix the flour and some salt then add the eggs and mix well. It's OK if it's not perfectly smooth..
- Heat oil in a sauce pan or deep fryer or skillet whatever you prefer..
- Dip the potato balls in the batter and place into the oil to fry. Fry until golden on all sides. Let cool a minute or so, serve it up along side some meat and Beans and rice and enjoy! There great on their own as well!.
Literally meaning "stuffed potatoes", papas rellenas consist of a ball of mashed potato which is stuffed with a filling, battered and deep-fried. La papa rellena es una fritura típica de varios países latinoamericanos como Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Perú y Puerto Rico. Su posible origen se halla en la gastronomía morisca llevada a América por las esclavas norteafricanas que acompañaron a los españoles durante la Conquista americana. La Papa Rellena es un plato típico peruano hecho con una masa de papa rellena de carne, cebolla, huevo, aceituna, especies y frito en aceite muy caliente. Una buena papa rellena debe estar bien doradita por fuera y ser suave y tierna en el interior, con un sabroso relleno que es una explosión de sabores en la boca.
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing Papas rellenas. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, keep amused contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com