Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. Great recipe for Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. I usually serve this with saffron rice or yellow rice. The cabbage I think is just as good if not better.
Terrific with cornbread." Save to favorites.
I am a southern girl who practicaly grew up on this stuff, but haven't made it for my family because we try to stay away from fried food as much as possibl.
Southern Fried Cabbage - Simple, tasty , flavored with garlic and bacon -Ready in less than no time.
Actually this is a simple recipe just past the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage
- It's 2 pounds of ground beef.
- It's 1/2 cup of Golden raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sofrito.
- It's 1/3 cup of dehydrated onion.
- You need 2/3 head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 pound of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 15 ounce of can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of minced green olives.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Fried cabbage is actually a mixture of sautéing, and/or stewing, being cooked low and simmered in its own juices, rather than fried quickly. It is really not "Fried" so don't be alarmed! Southern Fried Cabbage - So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!!
Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage step by step
- Wash and dice the potatoes, don't peel. Heat the oil and add the potatoes and ground beef..
- Chop the cabbage. Add the cabbage, salt, garlic, and dehydrated onions, to the potatoes and beef..
- Mince the olive, crush the capers, and add the raisins..
- Stir well. Cover and let simmer 15 minutes..
- Stir well add the rest of the ingredients cover and simmer till the potatoes are fork tender, also the cabbage tender..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Fried Cabbage is one of those things that we've been making for years, but also one of those things that I never thought to put on the blog! When I was growing up, mom made cabbage quite often. It was cheap and we all liked it a lot. I remember she would always cut out the core and leave it for Dad. Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter, bacon & onion.
Just to let you know the recipe already tested, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. If you have questions or requests approaching this article, engross edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com