Ground beef Gheymeh with barberries (khoresh Gheymeh BA Zereshk). Khoresh Gheymeh (gheimeh), also called Gheymeh Polo (polo means rice) is a Beef and Split Pea Stew which is a very traditional and popular Iranian stew with saffron potatoes that is served over either white rice or Aromatic Rice. The Aromatic Rice is a version of steamed white rice where Persian Rice. ½ tsp ground turmeric. Persian pickled vegetables (see Note) and flatbread, to serve.
Join Andy in the Test Kitchen as he makes Khoresh Gheymeh, a traditional Persian stew topped with strips of fried potato.
This dish is usually serve with Safran rice.
Persian Saffron Chicken Zereshk Polo Ba Morgh.
Yes, this is an easy recipe just once the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Ground beef Gheymeh with barberries (khoresh Gheymeh BA Zereshk) for your lunch with your connections or family. You can cook Ground beef Gheymeh with barberries (khoresh Gheymeh BA Zereshk) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground beef Gheymeh with barberries (khoresh Gheymeh BA Zereshk)
- You need 200 g of rice.
- Prepare 200 of ground beef.
- It's 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- It's 200 g of baby potatoes.
- It's 5 Tbsp of barberries (zereshk), cleaned and washed.
- You need 5 Tbsp of yellow split peas (lapeh), cooked.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of turmeric.
- It's 1 Tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of saffron.
- Prepare to taste of Salt – chilli powder.
- It's of Oil.
Vegetarian khoresht gheymeh is a real crowd-pleaser and doesn't necessarily scream vegetarian when you double the yellow split peas and top it with extra fries. Khoresh Bademjan recipe, a Persian Eggplant Stew with meltingly soft eggplants in a thick, tomato based sauce with pieces of meat to make it heartier. Yellow split peas are also sometimes added, and the dish is known as Gheymeh Bademjan, where minced meat is used instead of chunks of meat. It's name is قیمه "Gheymeh!". خورش قیمه Khoresh-e Gheymeh!
Ground beef Gheymeh with barberries (khoresh Gheymeh BA Zereshk) instructions
- Peel off potatoes and in a pot with salty water, cook. Set aside..
- In a pan heat the oil and fry finely chopped onions..
- Add ground beef and let to cook until is browned..
- In a small pan, heat the oil, and fry turmeric, cinnamon and chili for 1 minute..
- Add cooked split peas, barberries, spices, salt and lemon juice to the fried meat. Pour, 1/3 cup water over the stew and simmer for 10 minutes. While rice is cooking, fry potatoes..
- Serve this stew with potatoes, and saffron rice..
I will not call this dish a stew, or a casserole, or anything else for that matter. In my book it's one of the top five Khoresh and there are many delicious stews in the Persian cuisine. Khoresh Gheymeh - Beef and Split Pea Stew with Limoo Amani and spices, served over And with the addition of rhubarb, this Persian Celery Stew (Khoresh Karafs ba Revas) has even more zing. Khoresh Gheimeh is one of the most popular. Khoresh bademjan is a deliciously balanced Persian stew that is prepared with eggplants, as well as lamb or beef and tomatoes.
I would just to let you know the recipe already tested, you simply follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Ground beef Gheymeh with barberries (khoresh Gheymeh BA Zereshk). If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, engross open us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page as a result you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com