Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel. Slice off small portion of top of each potato. Use small spoon to scoop out some of potato flesh. Spoon sloppy joe mixture into potatoes (Or, split each potato in half and top.
Swapping bread for baked sweet potatoes makes eating a Sloppy Joe so much healthier!
This easy sweet potato recipe is gluten-free I love this sloppy joe version, a few of my other favorites are Mexican-style Stuffed Sweet Potato (Vegetarian), Italian-Style Stuffed Sweet Potato, and Cheesy.
Ground beef, tomato sauce, green peppers, and dates combine beautifully to top warm baked potatoes, creating a new take on a classic favorite.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just once the additional ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the savory Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel
- You need As needed of pumpernickel bread.
- Prepare of Sloppy Joes---------------.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of ground beef 75/25.
- It's 1-1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tablespoons of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of loose packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of kosher salt.
- Prepare As needed of mayonnaise.
- It's of Potatoes--------------------.
- You need 4 of medium potatoes.
- It's As needed of oil to fry in.
- It's To taste of kosher salt.
- It's of Cheese----------------.
- Prepare To taste of your favorite cheeses.
Make the sloppy joes while the sweet potatoes are baking. Sauté the onions and bell peppers first, and then brown the meat. You can keep the meat mixture warm while waiting for the sweet potatoes to finish baking. Serve them up by spooning the sloppy joe mixture over the halved sweet potatoes.
Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel step by step
- Brown the ground beef with the spices.
- Slice the potatoes with the skin on it.
- Fry the potatoes.
- Add salt to the paper towel.
- Add the potatoes to the paper towel with the salt on it. Then add salt as needed..
- Add brown sugar.
- Add mustard, ketchup, and tomato paste..
- Mix well and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add mayonnaise to the bread and then the potatoes slices..
- Cover with sloppy joe mixture..
- Top with the six cheese blend. If you don't have it add whichever cheeses you like..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Sweet potatoes replace the bread in this easy sloppy joe from Delish.com. Using a fork, poke potatoes all over. Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole. Sloppy Joes stuffed baked potato recipe finished with cheese, sour cream and green onions for a quick weeknight entree. Look for microwave-ready potatoes in the produce section.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you suitably follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel. If you have questions or requests a propos this article, charm entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com