My Family’s Cottage Pie.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty My Family’s Cottage Pie for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have My Family’s Cottage Pie using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Family’s Cottage Pie
- It's 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- It's 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1-2 cloves of Garlic *finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Carrot *cut into Peas & Corn size.
- You need 1 of Celery Sticks *finely chopped.
- It's 500 g of Beef Mince.
- You need 1 of (*about 200g) Beef Steak *cut into 1.5cm pieces.
- It's of Salt & Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- It's 1 cup of Beef Stock.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of Frozen Corn.
- It's of <Mashed Potato>.
- It's 800 g of to 1kg Potatoes *peeled & chopped.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 30 g of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
My Family’s Cottage Pie instructions
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook Onion, Garlic, Carrot and Celery for 2-3 minutes. Add all Beef and cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes..
- Add the Flour and cook, stirring, until combined, then add Stock, Tomato Paste and Worcestershire Sauce. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, cook until sauce thickens. Add Peas and Corn, season with Salt and Pepper..
- Meanwhile, cook Potatoes in a separate saucepan of salted water until tender. Drain well. Return to the saucepan and add Butter. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Add Milk and stir until well combined. Taste and season with Salt and Pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Spoon the mixture into a large baking dish. Cover with the mashed potato and use a fork to spread over and make a pattern..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until mashed potato is slightly browned. Serve immediately..
I would just inform you that recipe already tested, you usefully follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious My Family’s Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, charm right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com