Family favourite shepherds pie. SORTED food and Lea & Perrins team up to show you how to cook the family favourite, Shepherd's Pie. The SORTED guys make this well loved dish their own by featuring a splash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce into an untraditional tomato base to create a very special Sheperd's Pie. Easy Shepherd's Pie is the perfect week-night dinner!
Lamb Recipe - How To Make Shepherd's Pie - Nick Saraf's Foodlog.
It's a firm family favourite and our Shepherds pie is definitely the one to serve up - everyone will love the healthy twist we've put on a classic.
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just subsequent to the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Family favourite shepherds pie for your lunch with your connections or family. You can cook Family favourite shepherds pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Family favourite shepherds pie
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, finely chopped.
- It's 3 of medium carrots, finely chopped1 tbsp olive oil.
- It's 8-10 of potatoes, boiled and mashed with a little butter and salt to taste (you could do more if you like lots of mash on top like us!).
- Prepare 500 g of lean beef mince.
- Prepare 300 g of frozen Quorn mince.
- Prepare 350 ml of veg stock - we use bouillon as its vegan and organic.
- It's 1 of beef oxo cube (optional if you're using beef mince).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It's 1 of level tsp smoked paprika.
- It's 1 of heaped tsp marmite (it makes all the difference - even if you're a marmite hater!).
- You need 1 tsp of tomato puree.
Shepherd's pie with a sweet potato topping. It's a firm family favourite and our. Serve the shepherd's pie hot with the cabbage piled alongside. This recipe is one of my family's favorite.
Family favourite shepherds pie step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan (oven proof if possible to save on washing up!) Add the veg and cook for 10-15 mins until lovely and soft..
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes or so until browned. Now add the Quorn mince and cook for a few minutes..
- Sprinkle over the Oxo cube and paprika and stir into the mince. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir again. Add a few tbsps of stock and cook for a minute or two to allow the mince to absorb the flavour..
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well into the mince mix. Gradually add half of the remaining stock and simmer for a few minutes. The liquid should start to thicken. At this point, add the marmite and the tomato puree and stir again..
- Add a little more of the stock and keep adding until the "gravy" reaches the desired consistency. You may not need all the stock..
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and take off the heat. If you have time, let the mince mixture and the mash cool a little as it's easier to build the pie when its had time to cool down..
- When ready, pour the mince mix into a large ovenproof dish. Spoon the mashed potato on the top and fluff up with a fork..
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190˚ for about 25-35 minutes. (If you have left the mixture to cool completely beforehand, reduce the heat of the oven to 180˚ and cook for 40 - 45 minutes.).
- Serve with some fresh green veg whilst piping hot. Try not to fall out over the crispy bits!.
It is a breeze to make, simple ingredients, easy preparation, just REAL wholesome food. @buythiscookthat. When I ask, "What do you guys want for dinner?".this is the answer. Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! Family meal times can be hard to juggle, especially if you have fussy eaters. This recipe is great for all the family!
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you conveniently follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Family favourite shepherds pie. If you have questions or requests around this article, divert read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com