Corrie's Cottage Pie.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just bearing in mind the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Corrie's Cottage Pie for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Corrie's Cottage Pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corrie's Cottage Pie
- Prepare of Meat Sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef mince.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1 can of carrots.
- You need 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce (optional).
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 4 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 100 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of grated cheese (optional).
Corrie's Cottage Pie instructions
- Crush the garlic with the flat end of a knife and chop finely. Chop the onion into dices..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion and garlic. Fry on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt..
- Add the beef mince and cook through until brown. Drain off the fat..
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the mixture and stir well. Add the water and stir again..
- Add the carrots and bring the mixture to the boil. Add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, if using. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Wash and peel the potatoes then cut into equal sized chunks..
- Place the potatoes in a pot and pour over cold water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. When a potato slips of the blade of a knife easily, then they are ready :).
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash well, leaving no lumps then stir in the milk and butter. Mix well..
- In a casserole dish, line all of the meat sauce on the bottom. Top with the mashed potatoes. Smooth the potatoes with a fork. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is slightly browned and crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
Just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing Corrie's Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, make laugh get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com