Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie.
Literally this is an easy recipe just afterward the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the appetizing Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can have Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie
- You need 8 large of potatoes, cut into chunks.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil, for meat.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, minced.
- It's 6 large of baby bello mushrooms, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt, for meat.
- It's 1 tsp of ground black pepper, for meat.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 tbsp of steak sauce.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- It's 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, for veggies.
- You need 1/3 stick of butter, for veggies.
- You need 3 large of carrots, chopped.
- It's 8 oz of corn niblets.
- You need 8 oz of peas.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, for veggies.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 stick of butter, for potatoes.
- It's 1 tsp of salt, for potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated.
Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until soft..
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on low..
- Add the onion, mushrooms, salt, snd pepper, and cook until translucent..
- Add the meat, incorporate, and cook through. NOTE: I used beef but, obviously, ground lamb could also be used, if you can find it at the supermarket. I couldn't when I put this together, but I still called it Shepherd's Pie because, like with Minced Meat Pies no longer having meat in them these days, just about everyone I know makes Shepherd's Pie with beef, so I figured no harm, no foul. If you are pedantic, I could have called this Cottage Pie, but, in the US, I don't think anyone knows what it is. Besides, I figured, who would want to be that guy, right?.
- Stir in the steak sauce, and let cool..
- When cooled, stir in the eggs, and pour the mixture into the bottom of the large casserole. The eggs will firm up the bottom to provide a solid base..
- Add the butter, oil, and carrots into the now-empty large saucepan, and simmer on medium until tender..
- Add the corn niblets, peas, and salt, and mix and simmer until it's all happy and tender..
- Layer the veggies on the meat in the casserole..
- Drain, return to the pot, and mash the potatoes on low..
- Add butter and salt while mashing. I know, it's a lot of butter, so cut it down to 2/3 stick if you like..
- Add the milk to the potatoes. It will be loose at first, but it will firm up a bit while you stir it in a few minutes..
- When the potatoes are stackably firm, scoop it on top of the casserole..
- Throw it all in the oven at 375°F for 45 minutes..
- OK, it will have this beautiful crust after 45min, and you are just going to sprinkle the cheddar over the top..
- Broil for about 5 min, keeping an eye on it after 3 minutes to be sure it doesn't burn, to melt the cheese..
- Remove from heat and try to let it cool about a half hour before diving in. As can be seen from my pic, I always fail. Enjoy..
I want just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, make smile read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com