Actually this is an easy recipe just behind the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delectable Cottage Pie for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can have Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Oil.
- Prepare 500 g of Beef Mince.
- It's 1 of Large Onion.
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Purée.
- It's 2 of Large Carrots (cut small).
- It's 500 ml of Beef Stock.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- It's of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- It's 8 of Medium Potatoes.
- You need 50 ml of Milk.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into 4, add to saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Boil for 25 minutes on a medium/high heat.
- Heat up pan until hot or as I like to use, my wok as it is great for quick cooking! Add the tablespoon of oil and break up the mince into the pan, cooking until the meat has browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and thyme and fry until softened.
- Add the tablespoon of flour (through a sieve) try not to get any big lumps in there! Stir on a low/medium heat covering the meat and veggies - (this will help thicken the stock when you add it).
- Add tomato purée, salt and pepper to taste and then add the beef stock stirring as you add. Leave to simmer for 25 minutes to let the vegetables soften and the sauce thicken.
- Whilst your filling is simmering away strain your potatoes and mash them adding your butter and a good grind of pepper.
- Pour the mince filling into a baking dish and top with the mash. Fluff the top with a fork and I like to rub a little butter in with the fork so when it goes into the oven it makes it nice and crisp!.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes untill nice and golden brown and hot all the way through. Serve with some broccoli / asparagus 👍🏼.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested, you conveniently follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests roughly this article, please entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com