Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies. This weeks recipe is a bit of family fun in the kitchen. It finally happened, my wife Nic joins me on the channel to show her incredible Guinness and Sweet. A cottage pie is like a shepherd's pie, except that it's made with beef, not lamb.
Just use as many veggies as you like - the sky is the limit!
To make things lighter and healthier, instead of using just butter, I usually go for a little homemade butter.
Learn how to prepare this easy Cottage Pie with Sweet Potato Crust recipe like a pro.
Literally this is an easy recipe just next the other ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the tasty Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies
- You need 800 g of lean beef mince.
- You need 3 of onions.
- It's of Diced garlic.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- You need 100 g of tomato purée (approx half a tube).
- It's 6 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 of white potatoes.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese for sprinkling over the top.
- You need 2 of Beef stock cubes.
- It's 3 cups of water.
- You need of Cornflour.
- You need Squeeze of honey (just because I’m obsessed).
- It's of Black pepper.
- You need of Butter & milk for mash.
Ground beef and veggies topped with a heavenly crust of mashed sweet potatoes. Classic cottage pie is one the quickest and easiest supper dishes. This easy sweet potato cottage pie recipe, however, rings the changes and gives a variation on the classic which is suitable for those on a low carb diet or only wanting to cut down on potatoes and the like. You can't go wrong with a classic cottage pie, it's a great mince recipe that the whole family love and this delicious veggie packed version is just as good.
Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies instructions
- Peel and cut all potatoes into cubes and cover in water. Boil and simmer till soft. Meanwhile, Fry onions and mince until golden brown. Then add all the veggies, tomatoes purée and beef stock cubes. Mix the flour into a small bit of water slowly to make a paste, then add the rest of the water. Make sure everything is now together except the potatoes..
- Ladle into oven proof dish, and set aside. Mash potatoes together with a knob of butter and a dash of milk until soft smooth mash. Layer over the top then sprinkle with mash. I cook mine in a warm oven (180 fan for approx 25/30 mins until bubbling)..
Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Using sweet potato alongside regular potatoes is always good as sweet potato is full of vitamin A Sweet Potato Cottage Pie - Step One. First you will peel and chop your onion into small pieces. I could easily switch out the mince for quorn mince too to make it veggie friendly.
I would just inform you that the recipe already tested, you usefully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the savory Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, keep amused log on us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com