Easy Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Cottage Pie uses ground beef I find that the easiest way to make this dish is to work ahead.
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
Yes, this is an easy recipe just like the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Easy Shepherds Pie for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can have Easy Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherds Pie
- You need 6 of yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks.
- It's 2 lb of hamburger meat.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 envelope of onion soup.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It's 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables. This lightened up easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes. I was looking for a quick & easy Shepherd's Pie recipe and took a shot at this one. For those who don't know the difference, both Shepherd's and Shepherd's Pie is actually an incredibly easy dinner to make, and if you cook your potatoes and filling.
Easy Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil water for potatoes.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger meat. Drain grease when done. Add salt & pepper to taste..
- Once hamburger meat is done, add 1 cup of water and 1 envelope of onion soup. Let simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Once potatoes are cooked, mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper..
- In a baking dish (glass or metal), layer hamburger meat, then corn, then potatoes on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the peaks on the mashed potatoes are browned..
Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face - especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. But, here in the USA ground beef seems to be the more popular way to make an easy Shepherd's Pie. This easy shepherd's pie is similar to cottage pie but it uses lamb mince instead of beef mince, a tradtional shepherd's pie. This stovetop Shepherd's Pie uses ground beef, frozen veggies and broth for a hearty stew that gets topped with extra cheesy mashed potatoes.
I will just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Easy Shepherds Pie. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, keep busy right to use us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com