Shepherds pie. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat--turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
This is a recipe for Cottage Pie.
Cover with at least an inch of cold water.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
Literally this is a simple recipe just when the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Shepherds pie for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It's 1/2 of an onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Worchershirer sauce.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- You need of Fresh basil and oregano.
- Prepare 1 pint of Green beans.
- Prepare of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- Prepare 1 pint of Corn.
- You need 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- Prepare Splash of milk and water.
- You need of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 packets of brown gravy.
- You need of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Paprika.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. A main-dish pie is a great way to use that extra pound of ground beef. Try different varieties of frozen vegetables you have stashed in the freezer for a different twist. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name).
Shepherds pie instructions
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9x13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's pie, cottage pie, or hachis Parmentier is a ground meat pie with a crust or topping of mashed potato of English origin. The recipe has many variations, but the defining ingredients are ground red meat cooked in a gravy or sauce with onions, and topped with a layer of mashed potato before it is baked. Sometimes other vegetables are added to the filling, such as peas, celery or carrots. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious!
I would just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Shepherds pie. If you have questions or requests almost this article, engross contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com