Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just considering the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the appetizing Cottage Pie for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can cook Cottage Pie using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need 3 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of large finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 of large stalks celery finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare of About 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of oxo cubes (beef stock cubes - can buy on Amazon).
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme (optional).
- It's 1 can of Campbell’s French onion soup.
- It's 2 of heaped tablespoons Bisto gravy powder (buy on Amazon).
- It's 1 glass of red wine.
- It's of About a quarter cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- Prepare 2 containers of Costco mashed potatoes.
- It's 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It's 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of little grated nutmeg.
Cottage Pie instructions
- In about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, Brown the beef (add a little salt and pepper)and drain - set aside..
- In about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Sauté chopped onions, celery, carrots, add a little salt and pepper while cooking. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes until softened..
- Return meat to large pan and add a glass of red wine, can of soup, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook on medium head stirring occasionally.
- Add sautéed vegetables.
- Sauté mushrooms in about 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, and add to meat/veg mixture..
- Add frozen peas..
- Add 3 oxo cubes crumbled..
- Put the bisto gravy powder in a mug or cup. Stir in about 1/4 cup cold water. Spoon into meat/veg mixture about a spoonful at a time and stir. This makes a rich gravy..
- Check seasoning and continue cooking on low heat stirring occasionally..
- Make the potatoes as directed. Put cooked potatoes in large bowl. Add butter, cheddar cheese and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside..
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprig (if used) and Spoon meat mixture into shallow casserole or baking pans (this is enough for two dishes).
- Spoon potato mixture on the top making sure sides are sealed with potato mixture. Score top of potatoes with a fork. (Run fork across and down to make a pattern)..
- Bake in center of preheated 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown..
Just inform you that this recipe already tested, you handily follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests almost this article, occupy get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com