Actually this is an easy recipe just in the manner of the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Cottage Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Cottage Pie using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need 8 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef or lamb.
- It's 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 can of green peas.
- You need 1 can of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 small box of cheese, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 small stick of butter.
- Prepare 500 grams of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need to taste of salt, sugar and pepper.
- It's 1 small can of evaporated milk.
- It's of Green bell peppers (optional).
- You need of Spiced ham, diced and cooked.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Boil potatoes in a pot until soft/cooked. Peel once cool enough to handle. Mash while adding milk and half of the butter. Set aside for later..
- Cook garlic until golden brown. Using the same pan, cook onions until translucent. Set aside..
- Cook ground beef for 15-20 minutes or until brown. Mix cooked garlic, onions and remaining butter. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add spaghetti sauce, green peas, and cubed cheese (leave some to grate and use for topping later). You may also add green bell peppers and cooked spiced ham if you want. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked..
- In an oven-safe dish or bowl, put meat sauce and on top of it, layer prepared mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°..
Just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you handily follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, keep busy read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com